Ultra-deep offshore project located at more than 1500m-deep and 200 km from coast. EGINA oilfield's production goal is 200 000 barrels each day which represents 10% of national production
• Established in Nigeria for 50 years
• 267 000 barrels produced each day in 2017
• Holds shares in 34 production licenses (OML)
• Two exploration permits in Nigeria
• Operates in 5 production licenses (OML) for example ML 130
• Oilfields : Akpo, Preowei, OFON 2, IKIKE and EGINA
• Invests in the distribution of LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas)
Large-scale very deep water project located more than 1500 m deep and 200 km from the Nigerian coast. The Egina field aims to produce 200,000 barrels per day alone, i.e. 10% of the national production.
The floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) unit measures 330m long and 60m wide, weighs 220,000 tons, it is the largest FPSO ever built in Nigeria. The FPSO is connected to 44 subsea wells.
The field was discovered in 2003, the first production took place in December 2018.
77% of the hours worked on the project were done in Nigeria.
FRANCARE has signed a frame agreement since the beginning of 2017 covering a diversified range of products and services to meet all of Total Nigeria's needs regarding their exploration projects, as well as their development & in order to support TOTAL in the supply of industrial supplies necessary for the proper development of the project. The first orders were shipped to South Korea, the starting point of the EGINA FPSO.