FRANCARE accompanied NIGELEC with the objective of reducing the energy divide and developing access to the grid in rural and suburban areas.
In urban areas, the rate of access to electricity is about 50%. In rural areas, this rate is less than 1%.
Energy is a pre-requisite to any change towards development.
- After studying the needs, we identified the necessity of investing in a fully-equipped test van able to perform simultaneous underground cable diagnostic testing and fault location.
- Turnkey solution provider :
- Purchasing the suitable van adapted to Niger climate and road conditions
- Purchasing testing equipment (generator, audible frequence receptor, digital echometer, ohmmeter, shock wave receptor…)
- Van design and conversion
- Installation of the instruments in the van
- Logistics management: loading, transport and insurance of the van in an open-top container, customs clearance and registration of the vehicle in Niger, on-site delivery by FRANCARE team in Niamey.
- 1-week training of operators in the use and maintenance of the van and instruments
- 2-year maintenance contract and technical assistance
- Definition and supply of critical spare parts